A browned butter vanilla bundt cake saturated with a sweet whiskey glaze is a slice of heaven. The longer it stays, the wetter it becomes. This easy whiskey cake recipe will be a family favorite.
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 to 50 minutes
Total duration: 55 to 60 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
Here’s how to do it:
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat to melt then simmer to brown milk solids, about 8 minutes. You should smell nutty and see some brown highlights on the bottom of the pan. Transfer to a small bowl to stop the cooking.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir. Put aside.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk, mix the eggs well with the sugar, then add the buttermilk and vanilla and mix. Add the brown butter and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture and stir over low heat until almost combined. Finish by folding with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the buttered and floured pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter in the same pan. Once golden, add the sugar and whiskey and cook for 1 minute more.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, prick the surface with a toothpick every inch. Slowly pour 3/4 of the whiskey syrup over the cake, letting it absorb between additions, if necessary. Unmold the cake and brush the surface with the remaining syrup.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.Share.