One of Studio 814’s best collaborations — Santa Claus and Becca Parrish from Becca’s Baked Goods. From peanut butter flowers to chocolate chip cookies and old-fashioned oatmeal cookies, Becca shares her recipe and puts her cookies to the “Santa Test.”
For chewy, old-fashioned vanilla oatmeal cookies that melt in your mouth, try the recipe below:
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; put aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir into butter mixture. Gently stir in rolled oats until well blended.
- Shape the dough into round balls the size of a golf ball (about 2 tbsp each). Place on a prepared baking sheet (I put 9 per sheet). Flatten with the bottom of a measuring cup dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Santa gives these cookies a 5 out of 5! Let us know if you’re trying to make these delicious oatmeal cookies this holiday season.
Register for the WTAJ newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.